Thursday, March 11, 2010

Boredom = Deep Thinking


Today, I thought about how not having thumbs would make life so much more complicated. Then I realized how bored I was - when you're having fun, your mind doesn't really just bring up random thoughts like that. After realizing I was bored, I realized I was slacking. How can I find time to be bored when I have all this schoolwork to do? I only realized I only have 8 posts on this blog when I need 15 by next month (not that this is going to be a problem, its just minor speed bump.) but 'Bored' is a luxury I cannot afford right now.


I can't begin to comprehend how fast life seems to come at me sometimes. I guess thats the pace you have to keep up with in order to not get left behind in this world. If thats the case, I'm gonna have to get in shape because its too damn fast for me. Sure, occasionally I get a break but that break isn't all that relieving. It just gives me more time to stress about what I have to do once the said break is over with.


This afternoon, when I thought about all these things and how I was going to accomplish them, I felt a little twinge on my left temple. That ever so familiar little pop that I always fear of dealing with. It was a sign, my brain was warning me that I had an hour or so to get somewhere safe because that little twinge determined the onset of a killer headache. I could feel it taking over slowly, as I lay down on my bed. It crept up all over my head, feeling like it was blanketing my cranium. I hate headaches, its like life is attacking the one place where I can have peace and quiet, where my pool of imagination lies.


I woke up a few hours afterward. Thankfully, I had rested just in time to prevent the full effect of this mental fissure. I figured I had a lot on my mind, and I wasn't expressing it enough - that was the exact moment that I remembered about this blog. I remember the way it made me express myself through the pushing of several buttons in combinations and sequences to form words, sentences, and paragraphs on this virtual screen and share it with the world wide web. Is anybody reading? I don't care, its a creative outlet and I'm gonna use it. I like writing - its one of the things I can be confident about doing and there aren't a whole lot of things I'm confident at.


In the end, life is still going to keep moving forward, day by day. It won't care if I give up on myself, or if I get an achievement for being the best student ever. My life is what I make of it - that, I'm sure of. Life goes on, and so do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment