Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Day


I wish mornings happened later in the day. I know, thats a stupid thought - I have my own reasons. Everybody has their own clock. Mine is a lot different than the standard clocks you see. My clock does not involve a morning, afternoon and evening. I'm awake when I wake, and I sleep when my mind and body call for it. My clock has no specific alloted time for meals, or for baths, not even for school sometimes. Though I follow my own time, there are parts of that day that I favor.


Mornings would have to be the winner. Theres something about mornings that I just love. I think it's everything. The way the perfect shade of light casts down on you, giving warmth - not heat. The way the birds chirp, seeming to want to tell the world of the new day. The way it triggers memories from my childhood, when breakfast was the number one priority. Especially, the way everything looks. Everything in the morning just glows, and its beautiful to me. Unfortunately, one of the things I really hate doing is waking up. When I connect the dots, Mornings mean waking up, and its just a conflict of emotion.


I wish mornings happened later in the day because usually I just sleep through it. My favorite time of the day spent in my bed in a dark cold room. I wake up at Noon - which is definitely my least favorite part of the day. I've got nothing against the sun or anything like that, but at this time of the day, its just too focused and seemingly angry. Directly overhead, gazing at you as it bombards you with beam after beam of blinding, burning sunlight. It's just not my thing.


Afternoons, I can deal with - I favor those windy kinds. I like afternoons because they also trigger memories for me. When I think of afternoons, I automatically remember home; watching TV, having an afternoon snack, taking naps. I just wish I appreciated it more back then. I guess its true that you don't know what you have until its gone. Sunsets are definitely the most emotional time of the day for me. Emotional because I find sunsets very majestic and meaningful. I love watching it but every time I see the sun go down, I feel like I've wasted another day. And it doesn't help that after the sunset, total darkness just comes along. I have nothing against the night, its just that I find it hard to find the right mood in dark lighting.


The night is the time when I am most active. It's been like that ever since the transition from my high school days to my bum days, which lasted a good seven months. If my personal clock would ever be displayed on a visual level, the night time would probably resemble the time alloted for brunch until dinner. It's very calming, the night. Cool breeze, dark surroundings - the absolute perfect environment for doing nothing. Needless to say, what I look forward to the most during night time is the moon. I mean, literally look forward to. I really believe that moonlight is magical in many ways. I know it's just a reflection of the suns rays, but somewhere along becoming a reflection, they become magical. It feels healing and soothing to stand under moonlight to me. On nights I go out, I always try to find the moon. I just can't help looking at that big rock floating in the sky. On nights I can't sleep, I just stare at the moon. I could stare at it all night and still not get tired of it. Looking at that glow, I can't help but to picture it as a silver coin, just waiting to be taken from midair.


No comments:

Post a Comment